Thanksgiving Break 2012To observe the Thanksgiving holiday, Brown University administrative offices are closed beginning at 5 PM on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 and will reopen @ 8:30 AM on Monday, November 26, 2012.
- Emergency numbers
- What's open, what's closed
- What do to on campus Wednesday - Sunday
- Transportation to the airport, train station, bus station
|Department of Public Safety||(401) 863-4111|
|Administrator on Call (AOC)
Public Safety will have the AOC call you
|Building or Facility Emergency||(401) 863-7800|
|Medical Emergencies||(401) 863-4111|
|Nursing Advice||(401) 863-1330|
|Psychological Emergencies||(401) 863-3476|
|Sexual Assault Crisis Support||(401) 863-6000|
RESIDENCE HALLS remain open. Facilities problems that need emergency repairs (e.g. burst water pipe, broken door or window, toilet overflow) should be reported to Facilities Service and Repair by calling (401) 863-7800.
DINING SERVICES will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday and will reopen for students on meal plan with dinner on Sunday, November 25. Detailed information about hours of each dining venue is available on the Dining website.
HEALTH SERVICES will close Wednesday, November 21 at 5 PM; Nursing Advice and EMS are available -- see Emergency Numbers above. PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES will be closed Thursday through Sunday; for emergencies, see Emergency Numbers above.
The ROBERT CAMPUS CENTER will remain open to Brown students utilizing card swipe under the Faunce Arch throughout the holiday weekend. It will close Wednesday, November 21 at 5 PM to the public and remain closed to the public all day on Thursday, November 22. It will be open to the public from 10 AM - 5 PM on Friday, November 23 and Saturday, November 24 and will resume normal hours on Sunday, November 25. The Blue Room will re-open on Monday, November 26th at 7 AM.
FITNESS FACILITIES will have adjusted holiday hours. Nelson Fitness will close at 8PM on Wednesday November 21 and reopen 8AM Friday with short hours, then resume normal hours Saturday and Sunday. The pool will also be closed Thursday and have adjusted open swim hours Friday. Check RecSports for all schedules.
LIBRARIES will close at 5pm on Wednesday, November 21, 2012. The Rock, Sciences Library and Friedman Study Center will open for shorter hours on Saturday and resume hours on Sunday. Detailed hours on the Library site
Thanksgiving Day lunch Thursday, November 22, from 12-3 PM at the Third World Center. Any student on campus is welcome! RSVP requested. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information. Sponsored by the Third World Center and the Division of Campus Life and Student Services. The Third World Center is in Partridge Hall at the corner of Waterman and Brown Streets.
Brown Athletics has many home games over the weekend and Brown students receive free admission! Come to Men's basketball Wednesday & Saturday, Women's ice hockey Friday; Men's ice hockey Saturday & Sunday. Check the schedule for times.
The Campus Center will host a showing of "50/50" with pizza and snacks in Petteruti Lounge on Friday, November 23 from 7-9 PM, and a games night with food in the Leung Family Gallery Saturday, November 24 from 7-10 PM.
TAXI companies and airport shuttle in Rhode Island
- From campus to train, bus station or airport
- Taxi companies. If you need to leave early in the morning, call a company the day before to arrange a precise time and location for pick up.
- Airport shuttle/"limousine" (it's a van) departs T.F. Green every hour on the hour and has a pick up at Faunce Arch/Campus Center. Call for reservations.
MBTA commuter train service to TF Green (Warwick, RI) Airport
- Trains leave from the Providence Amtrak Train Station (near Providence Place Mall)
- To TF Green, Check MBTA commuter rail schedule for Providence/Stoughton Line (Outbound from Providence to TF Green, or Inbound from TFGreen to Providence). Increased service to TF Green began November 2011.
- To Boston/Logan, MBTA commuter rail to South Station, switch to Silver Line to Logan Airport terminals. For instructions, check Getting to Logan info on the MBTA site.
- To TF Green, RIPTA buses leave from Providence Kennedy Plaza (downtown). You can walk to Kennedy Plaza or take a bus from the Thayer Street tunnel. On the RIPTA website, select Schedule & Fares, Trip Planner to identify your bus and time (Tunnel is 218 Thayer St, Providence). Current students who show Brown ID are able to ride any RIPTA bus or trolley anywhere within the state at no charge.
- To Boston/Logan, Peter Pan buses leave from the Providence Bus Terminal (2 miles north of campus, take a cab from campus to the Peter Pan bus terminal)
page date 11.19.12