Movies and Films

Outdoor Movies

Try hiring New England AV. The cost is approximately $700, but they do everything (set-up, screen, sound, technician on hand, break down). Be sure to reserve your outdoor green space.

Filming on Campus

Public Affairs and University Relations must approve all requests to use University property as a filming location. Please contact Mark Nickel.

Federal Copyright Laws

The Federal Copyright Act (Title 17 of the U.S.Code) governs how copyrighted materials including films and musical works can be used and shown. Neither the rental nor the purchase of a videocassette or DVD authorizes that the tape or DVD be shown outside of a private home. Showing the DVD and videocassette within a home to and by family or social acquaintances is allowed. Any other showing or viewing of the film, movie, music, or any other copyrighted work in any other place not considered a home requires permission of the copyright owner. Permission is required regardless of whether a fee is charged, whether the institution or organization is a commercial or not-for-profit entity.

Please note that showing movies that have a significant academic component is acceptable. Groups that fail to follow these policies will be responsible for paying any fees that may arise.

home | contact us