Skip over navigation

Alcoholic Beverages

In no event may alcoholic beverages be offered or served to minors.

The use of alcoholic beverages while in the conduct of University business should be kept to a minimum. In no instance may alcoholic beverages be charged to federally funded grants or contracts, either directly or indirectly.

All University-sponsored events held on campus, at which alcoholic beverages are served, require that either Brown Dining or the Faculty Club (or their approved substitute) be engaged for the purpose of providing and serving these beverages.

Serving alcoholic beverages at a University event held off campus , such as in an employee's private home, is strongly discouraged. In such instances where alcoholic beverages are to be available, the sponsor of the event must complete and have approved the Statement of Responsibility for Alcoholic Beverages form, to be attached to the request for reimbursement.