Skip over navigation

Moving Expense Reimbursements

Depending on the circumstance, Brown may pay part of the reasonable moving costs for newly recruited personnel. Contact the Department of Human Resources at extension 3-2141 for more information on moving/relocation assistance.

While moving/relocation expenses often look like travel, the IRS has very specific definitions regarding the classification and taxation of this type of reimbursement. Only qualified moving expense reimbursements are excludable from federal gross income. For more information on non-taxable "qualified" and taxable moving expenses please refer to the Moving/Relocation Expense Worksheet located on the forms section of the website.