Below is a sample student account statement. Please refer to the corresponding letter for a detailed explanation of how to interpret the different sections of the statement.
1. The date the statement was produced.
2. Indicates the date the transaction posted to the billing system.
3. Unique transaction number assigned to each transaction. Please refer to this number when reporting questions about a transaction.
4. Short description explaining the transaction.
5. Charges, such as tuition and related fees, applied to the account.
6. Credits due to payments or corrections to the account.
7. Listing of all student account transaction activity for the current statement period. The Beginning Balance is equal to the student account balance from the previous statement. The detail itemizes all charges and/or credits submitted by University departments.
8. Net total of all student account transactions.
9. Anticipated credits (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.) represent expected student aid not yet received. Anticipated credits reduce the student account balance due.
10. Total of anticipated credits which reduce the student account balance due.
11. Student account balance minus anticipated credits. Due date is also indicated.
12. Listing of all bookstore transaction activity for the current statement period. The Beginning Balance is equal to the bookstore balance from the previous statement. The detail itemizes all charges and/or credits.
13. Net total of all bookstore transactions.
14. Total account balance, student account (11) + bookstore account (13).
15. Any important bulletins are listed in this section of the statement.
16. Indicate a change to your billing address here.