May 21, 2007
Contact: Molly de Ramel
Press Credentials Recommended for Commencement Ceremony
Many Commencement/Reunion Weekend events at Brown University are open to the public without charge. Media are welcome to attend, but space is limited. The Office of Media Relations recommends press credentials for media covering Commencement/Reunion events.
Brown University Home
Media Relations Home
2006-07 Release Index
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Brown University will celebrate
its three-day Commencement/Reunion Weekend from Friday, May 25 through Sunday,
May 27, 2007. The Office of Media Relations will issue press credentials for
reporters covering the events.
- Weekend contact: Molly de Ramel at (401) 965-1593Deadline for press credential requests is noon on Wednesday, May 23.
- Reporters and news organizations may request credentials by e-mailing
Amy_Morton@brown.edu or calling (401) 863-2453.
- Credentialed journalists will be allowed access to Commencement Forums on
Saturday, May 26, and the Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 27. Seating at
the Forums is extremely limited and you must notify the Office of Media
Relations in advance if you plan to attend.
- For the actual Commencement exercises on Sunday, press should enter The College Green through the
gate at the corner of Brown and George streets. A press area will be set up on the steps of Sayles Hall across from the main Commencement stage.
- Credentials will be available for pickup at the Office of Media Relations
beginning Wednesday, May 23, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are unable to pick up
your credentials, please contact the Office of Media Relations at (401) 863-2453
to make other arrangements.
- Commencement Weekend overview: www.brown.edu/news/2006-07/06-153.html
- Listing of Commencement Forums:
- Honorary degree recipients: