Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
News_Service@brown.edu

Contact Mark Nickel


Brunoniana

From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Brown Office Building

The Brown Office Building on Thayer Street opened in 1970. The four story building designed by Kent, Cruise Associates was built of concrete, the sides having been pre-cast in Worcester and delivered to the site in large sections. Into the building moved the departments of purchasing, buildings and grounds, safety, personnel, budget, grants and contracts, controller, and data processing, along with the East Side branch of the Rhode Island Hospital Trust Bank and the college bookstore. Before the move, the bookstore had been in Faunce House with an annex in Whitehall for textbooks, and Pembroke had its own store in Pembroke Hall. The new bookstore had a trade store at street level with a textbook floor above and a campus shop below.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.


Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page