Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
News_Service@brown.edu

Contact Mark Nickel


Brunoniana

From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Brown Review

The Brown Review, subtitled “The Magazine of Brown University, formerly Brunonia,” first appeared in the fall of 1960, announcing that it would be published quarterly by the students of Brown University in cooperation with the English Department and the Committee on Student Organizations. The first issue contained a series of essays on “Aspects of Creativity,” written by ten members of the faculty, and also some fiction, an anonymous poem, and two book reviews. There were four issues the first year, one the second, and two the third, after which the magazine was superseded by the Brown Daily Herald Review, published by the Herald from October 1963 to January 1966. A new Brown Review, which superseded the Brown Daily Herald Review ran from April 1966 to the fall of 1966, and was superseded by the Literary Magazine of Brown University.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.


Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page