Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
News_Service@brown.edu

Contact Mark Nickel


Brunoniana

From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Center for Energy Studies

The Center for Energy Studies was started in 1976 to coordinate the various types of energy research going on at Brown and to encourage communication leading to new research and programs. “Energy Week” that year brought to the campus experts to debate on “Nuclear Energy Safety” and “Economic Aspects of U.S. Energy Policy.” Professor Joseph Kestin, an authority on geothermal energy, was named director of the center. Faculty from several departments were members of the executive committee, which instituted programs in Independent Studies leading to a bachelor of science or a bachelor of arts degree with concentration in Energy and promoted a departmental energy concentration in the Division of Engineering. The Center is last mentioned in the University catalogue for 1983-85, and was dissolved during that time.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.


Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page