Office of University Communications
From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Churchill House at 155 Angell Street was built for the Rhode Island Women’s Club in 1907 and named for Elizabeth Kittredge Churchill, founder of the Club. Thornton and Thornton were the architects. Later occupied by Katherine Gibbs School, the building was acquired by Brown in 1970. In 1972 the Afro-American Society, the Afro-American Studies Program, and the Graduate Minority Association moved into the building.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.