Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
News_Service@brown.edu

Contact Mark Nickel


Brunoniana

From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Erickson Athletic Complex

The Erickson Athletic Complex is the name given in 1988 to the former Aldrich-Dexter Field on Hope Street in honor of Wendell R. Erickson ’19, a catcher on the baseball team, whose six million dollar bequest to the University would be used in part for the maintenance of athletic facilities. Four structures together with the playing fields make up the athletic complex: Meehan Auditorium, the ice rink built in 1961, Smith Swimming Center, built in 1973, Olney-Margolies Athletic Center, built in 1981, and Pizzitola Sports Center, completed in 1989. Aldrich Field is used for baseball, the Dexter Fields for intramurals, and Stevenson Field for soccer.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.


Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page