Office of University Communications
From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Rochambeau House at 84 Prospect Street was the home of Chancellor Henry D. Sharpe 1894, which his wife, Mary Elizabeth Sharpe, helped architect Arthur Rice design in 1929. Mrs. Sharpe, who died in 1985, asked that the house be given to Brown after her death. The building was renovated to provide a home for the Departments of French and of Hispanic and Italian Studies, conveniently located across the street from the former home of Mr. Sharpe’s sister at 87 Prospect Street, which had been a dormitory for Spanish, French, and Italian concentrators.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.