Brown Logo

Office of University Communications
38 Brown Street / Box 1920
Providence RI 02912

401 863-2453
Fax 863-1650
News_Service@brown.edu

Contact Mark Nickel


Brunoniana

From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:

Sciences Library

The Sciences Library opened in December 1971 after 31 months of construction beset by many delays. It replaced the Biological Sciences Library which had been housed in the Arnold Laboratory, and the Physical Sciences Library which had been located in Metcalf Research Laboratory and then temporarily in the John Hay Library. The new library, fourteen stories of poured concrete, has a capacity of 450,000 volumes along with 303 carrels and over 30 faculty studies and conference rooms. Warner, Burns, Toan and Lunde were the architects and Dimeo Construction Company was the contractor.

The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright 1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.


Return to Encyclopedia Index  |  University Home Page