Office of University Communications
From Martha Mitchell’s Encyclopedia Brunoniana:
Verney and Woolley Dining Halls
Verney and Woolley Dining Halls were built in 1966 in the space between Champlin and Morriss Halls and Emery and Woolley Halls, and named for Virginia Piggott Verney ’28, who was in 1951 the second woman elected to the Brown Board of Trustees, and Mary Emma Woolley 1894. Officially in use in September 1966, the dining halls had previously been opened for four weeks during the previous May so that the four Pembroke classes might have the opportunity to dine in the new facility on successive weeks.
The above entry appears in Encyclopedia Brunoniana by Martha Mitchell, copyright ©1993 by the Brown University Library. It is used here by permission of the author and the University and may not be copied or further distributed without permission.