Leave of Absence Policy
When a student is granted a Leave of Absence from the University, they are eligible to continue their coverage for a maximum of one year upon meeting the following requirements:
- Student must be currently enrolled in the University's Student Health Insurance Plan
- Student must provide a copy of the leave of absence verification form (separation authorization form) signed by a dean or an advisor
- Student intends to return to the University and remain a degree-seeking candidate
- Complete and submit the Leave of Absence Enrollment Application with an approved copy of the leave of absence verification form directly to University Health Plans no later than August 15, 2014
- Include payment of $3,225 for coverage effective August 15, 2014 to August 15, 2015
Please call the Insurance Office at 401-863-1703 with any questions.
Students who take a leave of absence after the start of the semester remain enrolled in the plan until the end of the policy year.