Brown University Insurance Requirements for Suppliers
The following minimum insurance standards shall apply to all suppliers performing, selling, or distributing products and services at Brown University. If a product or service, in the opinion of Insurance & Purchasing Services, represents an unusual or exceptional risk, additional insurance requirements for that product or service may be established.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance: Including Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, Independent Contractors Liability, Contractual Liability, Product Liability and Completed Operations Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit, per occurrence, and $1,000,000 annual aggregate.
- Workers Compensation: required for all suppliers including employers' liability insurance in an amount not less than $100,000 per accident, $500,000 annual aggregate.
- Automobile Liability: For suppliers who will drive on Brown University premises, Automobile Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage, including owned, hired and non-owned vehicle coverage.
- Professional Liability: $1,000,000 each claim, for all professional services including, but not limited to, architects, engineers, consultants and testing services.
- For Charter Bus Companies
- $5M for Auto Liability
- Satisfactory Safety Rating on FMCSA website (search by name, then click on Safety Rating on next page)
- name Brown as additional insured
Suppliers shall name Brown University as additional insured on its liability
policies. The University does not need to be named as additional insured on the
supplier's workers compensation policy.
If any of the required insurance policies are cancelled during the term of the agreement, supplier agrees to immediately purchase "like" coverage to replace the canceled policy without causing a gap in insurance coverage. Notice must be provided to Brown University within 10 days of cancellation including the reason for cancellation and evidence that new coverage is in place that meets the requirements of this agreement.
Any liability coverages on a "claims made" basis should be designated as such on the certificate
The Certificate of Insurance verifying the above coverages should be submitted to Insurance & Purchasing Services prior to vendor selling or distributing products and services at the University. (Brown University Insurance & Purchasing Services Box 1845, Providence, RI 02912.)
Questions concerning this policy may be directed to Insurance & Purchasing Services (401) 863-2206.