Robert Boland, MDEdit My Page
1. Psychiatric aspects of HIV. This includes particular attention to the effects of depression on persons suffering with HIV and AIDS.
2. Teaching with technology. This involves developing and using new technologies, with an emphasis on computers and the internet, in aiding and complementing traditional classroom teaching.
Robert Boland, M.D. (Co-PI/Program Co-Director): Dr. Boland is a Professor of Psychiatry in the DPHB on the Teacher Scholar track and the Associate Training Director for the Brown General Psychiatry Residency. He has taught at all levels of training in the University. Most significantly, he directs the Introductory Psychiatry Course for given to all med students at Brown Medical School and is a primary lecturer in that course. In addition, he is the director of the Clerkship in Psychiatry. He publishes in the area of Psychosomatic Medicine and Teaching methods in Psychiatry with more than 40 peer reviewed publications and more than 30 book chapters; he is currently on the editorial boards for Academic Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and FOCUS (the APA's journal of continuing education) and was appointed by the American College of Psychiatry to be the Assistant Editor for the Psychiatry Residents in Training Examination (PRITE). He has been active in a number of organizations relevant to academic psychiatry, is a Past President for the Association for Academic Psychiatry recently was elected to the Steering committee of American Association of Directors of Residency Training (AADPRT) and is their Program Chair for 2013. He has contributed to a number of research studies include the NIMH Collaborative Depression Study and the CDC sponsored Natural History of HIV Infection in U.S. Women (HERS) Study and has continuously served on various NIH study sections for the last decade.
1. Psychiatric aspects of HIV. Robert Boland was a collaborator on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-sponsored HERS (HIV Epidemiologic Research Study) grant, which was designed to study the natural course of HIV infection in women with HIV. His role was to concentrate on the psychiatric aspects of HIV infection, particularly the role of depression in quality of life and the progression of disease.
2. Teaching with technology. Currently, Robert Boland is involved in the development of automated interactive technologies, both CD-ROM and web based, as aids in teaching psychopathology and psychopharmacology. His most recent project, currently development, is a use of web based didactic materials as a substitute for traditional lecturing, with a transition from live lectures to more interactive learning techniques (case based learning, or the use of games in the classroom, for example).
Outstanding Teaching Award in Medical Student Education, Brown University School of Medicine, 1999.
Outstanding Teaching Award in Geriatric Fellowship Training Program, Brown University School of Medicine, 2000
Region I Teacher of the Year Award, Association for Academic Psychiatry, 2000
Nominee, Charles C. Shepard Science Award for the most outstanding peer-reviewed research papers, sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, 2002
Fellow of the American Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 2005
Deans Excellence in Teaching Award, Brown University School of Medicine
NIH BMIO "Tiger Award" 6/06
Given by the Behavioral Medicine Interventions and Outcomes Study Section for "the best review". This was awarded during the June '06 student sections.
USDHHS Public Health Service National Institutes of Health Appreciation Award 6/15/06. Given to acknowledge my years of service as a study section member.
Distinguished Fellow, the American Psychiatric Association, 2007
Academic Psychiatry, Recognition Award for Peer Reviewing, 2007
Outstanding Teacher Award in General Psychiatry, awarded by the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, the Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University 6/13/08
Certificate of Recognition for Exemplary Teaching in BIOL 3652 IMS II: Brain Science 6/09.
American Psychiatric Association
-Distinguished Fellow, 2007
-Scientific Program Committee, 2004-
American Medical Association
The Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine (APM)
Fellow of the APM, 2005
Rhode Island Medical Society
Association for Academic Psychiatry
-Vice Present, 2009-10
American Association of Directors of Medical Student Education
New England Pain Association
Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
American Association of Technology In Psychiatry (AATP)
American Association of Directors of Residency Training
-Chair, Information Technology Committee 2007 - 2012
-Program Chair, 2012-13
1. Natural History of HIV Infection in U.S. Women.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) U64/CCU106795.
Role on project: Co-investigator. PI: Charles C. J. Carpenter, M.D.
Dates and costs of entire project: 10/01/91-09/30/96: $3,956,900.
Dates and costs of current year: 10/01/95-09/30/96: $234,796
2. Lifespan/Tufts/Brown Center for AIDS Research (CFAR),
Source: National Institutes of Health (NIH) AI-42853-01.
Role on project: Investigator (unfunded)
Dates and costs of project: 9/1/02-8/31/07.
3. A Novel Method for Teaching Psychopathology.
Source: Brown University Teacher Scholar Grant.
Role on project: Principal Investigator.
Costs of project: $1,598. 6/1/1998-7/30/1999
4. Professional Services for Bio-Med Course 278, Introduction to Clinical Psychiatry.
Source: Brown University, Grant # 2-40550.
Role on project: PI.
Costs of project: $2,711.
5. Integrating Primary Care with Psychiatric Treatment in HIV-Positive Women
Source: Lifespan Development Grant.
Role on project: Principal Investigator.
Dates and costs of entire project: 3/98-3/99: $23,434.
6. Integrating primary care with outpatient treatment in HIV-positive women.
Source: Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine.
Role on project: Principal Investigator.
Dates and costs of entire project: 07/1/96-06/30/97: $20,000
7. Sertraline in Geriatric Depression.
Source: Pfizer Protocol R-0552.
Role on project: Principal Investigator (Miriam Site).
Cost of entire project: $5020/patient. 6/1999-7/2000
8. A Novel Method for Teaching Psychopathology.
Source: Teaching Scholar Grant, Brown University Curriculum-Development Grant.
Role on Project: Principal Investigator.
Dates and costs of entire project: 5/15/99-5/15/2000: $1,598.
9. Computer Innovations for Teaching Pharmacology.
Source: MD2000 Grant, Brown University Curriculum-Development Grant.
Role on project: Principal Investigator.
Dates and costs of entire project: 7/1/00-7/1/01: $2,729.
10. Lifespan AIDS Center for Excellence.
Source: Lifespan grant.
Role on Project: Consultant (5%).
11. HIV Center of excellence support for comprehensive care for undeserved persons with HIV.
Source: Ryan White Title III.
Role on project: Co-investigator (10% effort). Principal Investigator: Josiah Rich MD.
Dates and Cost of Entire Project 7/1/00: $333,000.
12. Computer Innovations in Teaching.
Source: Brown Medical School Curriculum Innovation Grant.
Role on project: Principal Investigator.
Dates and costs of entire project: 4/1/2005-4/1/2006: $1,500.
UNIVERSITY TEACHING ROLES
1.Brown Medical School Course 371. Group Leader 1992-
2. Psychiatry Residency Site Coordinator, Consultation/Liaison Rotation 1992-1998
3. Site Coordinator Medical School Psychiatry Clerkship 1992-
4. Lecturer, Behavioral Medicine Seminar Series (Somatoform Disorders) 1992--
5. Lecturer, Miriam Hospital Medical Resident's noon Lecture Series 1992--
6. Individual Supervisor, Psychiatry Residency 1992--
7. Brown University Undergraduate Teacher. Research Elective Mentor (Psychiatric Aspects of AIDS) 1993--
8. Psychiatry Residency (PGY II) Course: Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry Seminar. Course Leader 1993--
9. Brown Medical School Course 372. Group Leader 1993-1999
10. Mock Board Examiner for Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth University Residency Training Program. 1994¬
11. Affinity Group Leader, "Mind and Body" (2 separate groups, 1995-1999 and 1999-2003)
12. Psychiatry Residency (PGY IV) Course: Somatoform Disorders. Course Leader 1995--
13. Brown University Undergraduate Teacher. Longitudinal Mentor (Psychiatric Aspects of AIDS) 1996-1997
14. Lecturer, Medical Student Clerkship Seminar Series: Somatoform Disorders 1997-
15. Primary Lecturer (11 lectures), Biomed 278, Introduction to Clinical Psychiatry 1997-2003
16. Lecturer, Psychology Internship CORE Seminar Series: Mental Status Exam, Adult Psychopharmacology 1997-2003
17. Psychiatry Residency (PGY IV) Lecture: Emergency Psychiatry 1998-2000
18. Co-Course Director Biomed 278, Introduction to Clinical Psychiatry 1998-1999
19. Director, Lecture series, Brown University Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship. 1998-
20. Assistant Director, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, Brown University School of Medicine 1998-
21. Course Leader, Support Group, Brown University Internal Medicine Residency, 1998-
22. Course Director Biomed 278. Introduction to Clinical Psychiatry 1999 2003
23. Lecturer, Nursing Gerontology Lecture Series, Miriam Hospital, 20022003
24. Clerkship Director, Psychiatry. 2003-
25. Seminar Leader: Medical Student Presentation Seminar. 2004-
26. Course Co-Director Biomed 370, The Brain and Human Behavior 2004-2006
27. Course Section Director (Psychiatry). BI 365, Brain Sciences. 2007
- Brain and Behavior: An Integrated Approach (BI0370)
- Brain Sciences (BI 365)
- Clerkship in Psychiatry (BI0510)
- Introduction to Clinical Psychiatry (BI0278)
- Christopher PP, Boland RJ, Recupero PR, Phillips KA. Psychiatric residents' experience conducting disability evaluations. Acad Psychiatry. 2010 May-Jun;34(3):211-5.(2010)
- Boland RJ, Lester NA, Williams E. Writing multiple-choice questions. Acad Psychiatry. 2010 Jul-Aug;34(4):310-6.(2010)
- Philip NS, Rost-Banik D, Shaffer S, Johnson B, and Boland R. Supportive Psychotherapy: A Crash Course for Medical Students Acad Psychiatry 2010 34: 57-60(2010)
- Core competencies for fellowship training in psychosomatic medicine: a collaborative effort by the APA Council on Psychosomatic Medicine, the ABPN Psychosomatic Committee, and the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine. Worley LL, Levenson JL, Stern TA, Epstein SA, Rundell JR, Crone CC, Wise TN, Rummans TA, Muskin PR, Bourgeois JA, Saravay SM, Pao M, Alter C, Steinberg M, Wulsin L, Breitbart W, Fricchione GL, Boland R, Epstein LA, Winstead D, Gitlin DF. Psychosomatics. 2009;50:557-62.(2009)
- Boland R. PowerPoint: 6 presentation peeves. Current Psychiatry 6,1, 2007.(2007)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Treatment of Depression. In: Schatzberg and Nemeroff (eds), Essentials of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Washington DC, APA Press. (2006).(2006)
- Ickovics JR, Milan S, Boland R, Schoenbaum E, Schuman P, Vlahov D, for the HIV Epidemiology Research Study (HERS) Group. Psychological resources protect health: 5-year survival and immune function among HIV-infected women from four US cities. AIDS. 20:1851-1860, 2006.(2006)
- Hilty DM, Seritan AL, McCarron RM, Boland RJ. Psychopharmacology for neurologists: principles of diagnosis and medication selection. Continuum 12:33-46, 2006.(2006)
- Hilty DM, Benjamin S, Briscoe G, Hales D, Boland RJ, Luo JS, Chan CH, Kennedy, RS, Karlinsky H, Gordon DB, Yellowlees PM, Yager J. APA Summit on Medical Student Education Task Force on Informatics and Technology: Steps to Enhance the Use of Technology in Education Through Faculty Development, Funding and Change Management. Academic Psychiatry. 30:444-450, 2006.(2006)
- Boland R. PDA prescription program pros and cons. Current Psychiatry 5(9):91-97, 2006.(2006)
- Boland R. Can virtual reality help your patients? Current Psychiatry 5 (5), 2006.(2006)
- Hilty DM, Hales DJ, Briscoe G, Benjamin S, Boland RJ, Luo JS, Chan CH, Kennedy RS, Karlinsky H, Gordon DB, Yager J, Yellowlees PM. APA Summit on Medical Student Education Task Force on Informatics and Technology: Learning About Computers and Applying Computer Technology to Education and Practice. Acad Psychiatry 2006 30: 29-35.(2006)
- Hilty DM, Alverson DC, Alpert JE, Tong L, Sagduyu K, Boland RJ, Mostaghimi A, Leamon ML, Fidler D, Yellowlees PM. Virtual reality, telemedicine, web and data processing innovations in medical and psychiatric education and clinical care. Academic Psychiatry. 30:528-533, 2006.(2006)
- Boland RJ. Depression in Medical Illness. In, Stein, Kupfer and Schatzberg (eds) The American Psychiatric Press Textbook of Mood Disorders, Washington DC, APA Press (2006).(2006)
- Zimmerman M, Posternak MA, Attiullah N, Friedman M, Boland RJ, Baymiller S, Berlowitz SL, Rahman S, Uy KK, Singer S, Chelminski I. Why isn't bupropion the most frequently prescribed antidepressant? Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 66(5):603-10, 2005.(2005)
- Milan S. Ickovics J. Vlahov D. Boland R. Schoenbaum E. Schuman P. Moore J. Interpersonal predictors of depression trajectories in women with HIV. Journal of Consulting & Clinical Psychology. 73:678-88, 2005.(2005)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Clinical Course of Bipolar Disorder. In: Kasper S, Hirschfeld Handbook of Bipolar Disorder. New York, Marcel Dekker (2005).(2005)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Diagnostic Classification of Mood Disorders: Historical Context and Implications for Neurobiology. In Charney (ed) Neurobiological Foundations of Mental Illness, volume II. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.(2004)
- Boland RJ. Chronic Pain. In: Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Update (Book and CD-ROM). Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 2004.(2004)
- Zimmerman, M., Posternak, M.A., Friedman, M, Attiullah, N., Baymiller, S., Boland, R., Berlowitz, S., Rahman, S., Uy, K., & Singer, S. Which factors influence psychiatrists' selection of an antidepressant? American Journal of Psychiatry, 2004, 161, 1285-89.(2004)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Antidepressants. In Schatzberg AF, Nemeroff CB. Textbook of Psychopharmacology, Third Edition. Washington DC, APA Press, 2004.(2004)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Pharmacotherapy of Depression: The Acute and Long-Term Perspective. In: Kasper S, Handbook of Depression and Anxiety, 2nd Edition. Dekker, Marcel Incorporated, 2003.(2003)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Affective Disorders (Commentary). In Maj M (ed) World Psychiatric Association Expert Series: Volume V. J Wiley & Sons, 2003.(2003)
- Tate D, Paul RH, Flanigan TP, Tashima K, Nash J, Adair C, Boland R, Cohen RA. The Impact of Apathy and Depression on Quality of Life in Patients Infected with HIV. AIDS Patient Care & Stds. 17(3):115-119, March 2003.(2003)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Antidepressants. In Tasman A, Kay J, Lieberman JA (eds). Psychiatry, 2nd edition. West Sussex, Wiley, 2003.(2003)
- Boland R, Keller MB. Broadening the definition of bipolar disorder. In: Maj M, Akiskal HS, Lopez-Ibor JJ, Sartorius N (eds.) Bipolar Disorder. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2002.(2002)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Course and outcome of depression. In: Gotlib I, Hammen C (eds) Handbook of Depression. Guilford Press, 2002.(2002)
- Boland R. How could the validity of the DSM-IV pain disorder be improved in reference to the concept that it is supposed to identify? Current Pain and Headache Reports 2002, 623-29.(2002)
- Boland, RJ. Behavioral Health in Primary Care: A Guide for Clinical Integration (book review). Psychosomatics 2002 43: 92(2002)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. The course of depression, in Davis K, Charney D, Coyle J, Nemeroff C (eds.) Neuropsychopharmacology: The Fifth Generation of Progress. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2002.(2002)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Long term treatment of depression. In: Focus on Psychiatry. Antidepressants: Selectivity or Multiplicity? (eds. den Boer JA, Westenberg HGM). Syn-Thesis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2002.(2002)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. "Treatment of Recurrent Depression" in Greden J(ed) Annual Review of Psychiatry, Vol 20, APA Press, 2001.(2001)
- Ickovics JR, Hamburger ME, Vlahov D, Schoenbaum E, Schuman P, Boland RJ, Moore J, for the HIV Epidemiology Research Study *(HERS) Group. Mortality, CD4 Cell Count Decline, and Depressive Symptoms among HIV-Seropositive Women: Longitudinal Analysis from the HIV Epidemiology Research Study. JAMA 2001; 285: 1466-1474(2001)
- Cohen RA, Boland R, Paul R, Tashima KT, Schoenbaum, EE, Celentano DD, Schuman P, Smith DK, Carpenter CCJ. Neurocognitive performance enhanced by highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected women. AIDS 2001 15(3):341-345.(2001)
- Cohen RA, Lohr I, Paul R, Boland R. Impairments of attention and effort among patients with major affective disorders. J of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience 13:385-95, 2001.(2001)
- Ohmit S, Schuman P, Moore J, Boland R. Perceived need for and use of mental health services by women living with or at risk for HIV infection. JAMWA 2001, 56;4-8.(2001)
- Morrow K, Costello T, Boland R. Understanding the Psychosocial Needs of HIV-Positive Women: A Qualitative Study. Psychosomatics 2001 42: 497-503.(2001)
- Boland RJ, Goldstein M, Haltzman S. Intensive Care. In Stoudemire A, Fogel BS and Greenberg D (eds). Psychiatric Care of the Medical Patient, 2nd Edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.(2000)
- Osoweiki D, Cohen R, Morrow K, Boland R, Paul R, Flanigan T, Carpenter C. Neurocognitive and psychological contributions to quality of life in HIV-1-infected women. AIDS 2000;14(10):1327-32.(2000)
- Boland, R. Depression in Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Current Psychiatry Reports 2000;2:427-433.(2000)
- Keller, M B. Boland, R J. Implications of Failing to Achieve Successful Long-term Maintenance Treatment of Recurrent Unipolar Major Depression. Year Book of Psychiatry & Applied Mental Health. 2000:373-375, 2000.(2000)
- Boland RJ, Goldberg RJ. Acute Pain. In Stoudemire A, Fogel BS and Greenberg D (eds). Psychiatric Care of the Medical Patient, 2nd Edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.(2000)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Other affective disorders, in Helmchen H, Henn F, Lauter H. Sartorius N (ed.) Psychiatrie der Gegenwart (Contemporary Psychiatry) Volume 3. Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg, 2000.(2000)
- Alario AJ, Boland RJ, Kent HL, Kilkenny JW, Kuo D (eds). USMLE Step 2 Exam General Clinical Sciences. Philadelphia: Mosby, 1999.(1999)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Treatment of Chronic Depression. In: Dunner and Rosenbaum (eds.) Psychiatric Clinics of North America: The Annual of Drug Therapy, 1999. Philadelphia: WB Saunders: pp. 93-113, 1999.(1999)
- Moore J, Schuman P, Schoenbaum E, Boland B, Solomon L, Smith D. Severe adverse life events and depressive symptoms among women with, or at risk for, HIV infection in four cities in the United States of America. AIDS. 1999, 13:2459-2468.(1999)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Mixed bipolar states. In: Goldberg J, Harrow M (eds.) Bipolar Disorders: Clinical Course and Outcome. American Psychiatric Press, Washington DC, 1999.(1999)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB, Approaches to diagnosing depression, and the reciprocal relationship with depression research. In Maj M, Sartorius N (ed). Depressive Disorders. New York, J Wiley & Sons, 1999.(1999)
- Boland RJ, Goldberg RJ. Pain Disorders, in Stoudemire A (ed.) Clinical Psychiatry for Medical Students. JB Lippincott Philadelphia, 1998.(1998)
- Boland, R. Handbook of Medical Psychiatry (Book Review). Psychosomatics 1998;2:173174.(1998)
- Keller MB, Boland RJ. The implications of failing to achieve successful long-term maintenance treatment of recurrent unipolar major depression. Biol Psychiatry. 1998; 44:348-360.(1998)
- Wise TN, Boland R. Psychosocial consequences of penectomy following carcinoma of the penis. JSET 1998;22: 39-41.(1998)
- Stern RA, Arruda JE, Somerville JA, Cohen RA, Boland RJ, Stein MI, Martin EM. Neurobehavioral Functioning in asymptomatic HIV-1 infected women. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society. 1998;4:172-178.(1998)
- Boland RJ. HIV and depression (letter). Am J Psychiatry 1997;154:1632-1633.(1997)
- Penn JV, Boland R, McCartney JR, Kohn R, Mulvey T. Recognition and treatment of depressive disorders by internal medicine attendings and housestaff. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 1997;19:179-184.(1997)
- Boland RJ. Depression in HIV-Infected Persons (letter). Psychosomatics 1997; 39: 82.(1997)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Diagnostic Classification of Mood Disorders: Historical Context and Implications for Neurobiology. In Charney (ed.) Neurobiological Foundations of Mental Illness. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997.(1997)
- Keller MB, Boland RJ. Antidepressants. In: Tasman A, Kay J, Lieberman JA (eds.) Study Guide for Psychiatry. W.B. Saunders, 1996.(1996)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Outcome studies of depression in adulthood. In: Shulman K, Tohen M, Kutcher S (eds.) Mood Disorders Throughout the Life Span. J. Wiley & Sons, 1996.(1996)
- Kim F, McCartney Jr, Kaye W, Boland RJ, Niaru R. The effect of cimetidine and ranitidine on cognitive function in postoperative cardiac surgical patients. Int'l J Psychiatry in Medicine 1996;26:295-307.(1996)
- Schwartz, H I. Boland, R. Using Science to Influence the Supreme Court on the Right to Refuse Treatment: Amicus Curiae Briefs in Washington v. Harper. Year Book of Psychiatry & Applied Mental Health. 1996(6):200-201, Annual 1996.(1996)
- Azarian A, Boland RJ, Skripchenko V. Providing Health Care for the Russian - Speaking Patient. Medicine and Health/Rhode Island 1996; 79:323-327.(1996)
- Boland RJ, Diaz S, Ramchandani D, Lamdan RM, McCartney JR. Overdiagnosis of depression in the general hospital. Gen Hospital Psychiatry 1996;18,28-35(1996)
- Keller MB, Boland RJ. Antidepressants. In: Tasman A, Kay J, Lieberman JA (eds.) Psychiatry. W.B. Saunders, 1996.(1996)
- Boland RJ, Keller MB. Depression and comorbidity. In: Feighner (ed.) Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors: Advances in Basic Research and Clinical Practice. J. Wiley & Sons, 1996.(1996)
- Singer S, Richards C, Boland RJ. Two cases of risperidone-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Am J of Psychiatry 1995;152:1234(1995)
- Schwartz HI, Boland R. Using science to influence the Supreme Court on the right to refuse treatment: amicus curiae briefs in Washington v. Harper; Bulletin of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law; 1995;23:135-46.(1995)
- Wise TN, Trinidad A, Goransson MD, Cochran D, Boland R. The psychiatric home visit for terminal oncology patients. Jpn J Gen Hosp. Psychiatry, 1995; 7:44-48.(1995)
- McCartney JR, Boland RJ. Anxiety and delirium in the intensive care unit. Critical Care Clinics: 1994; 10: 1-8(1994)
- McCartney JR, Boland RJ. Understanding and managing behavioral disturbances in the ICU; pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic approaches to a growing problem. J Critical Illness 1993; (1): 87-97(1993)
- Boland RJ. "Outcomes in elderly patients after intensive care" (letter). JAMA 1993; 270: 2179(1993)
- Ramchandani D, Lamdan RM, O'Dowd MA, Boland R, Hails K, Ball S, Schindler BA. What, why and how of C-L psychiatry: an analysis of the consultation process in the 1990s at five urban teaching hospitals. Psychosomatics 1997;38:349-355.(1990)