Developmental Grants Program
Spring 2012 Request for Applications
The CFAR Developmental Grants Program provides support for three types of AIDS biomedical and behavioral research projects:
- Initial AIDS Research Projects
- Pilot Projects testing new or innovative ideas
- Collaborative Projects
The goal of the CFAR developmental program is to enable the grantee to obtain sufficient original data to achieve NIH research funding in his/her area of investigation. Applications should include cross-campus (Tufts and Brown) or interdepartmental collaborations and/or utilization of services from more than one core (HIV in Women & Underserved Populations, Prevention, Nutrition Metabolism & GI, Biostatistics, and Retrovirology Services).
All applicants must have a full-time appointment at either Brown University or Tufts University at the rank of Assistant Professor or greater.
- Each award of up to $40,000 is granted for one year.
- If your project involves a foreign component or takes place in a foreign institution, foreign IRB approval must be granted prior to submission of application.
- If you are applying for either a pilot or collaborative project please review the guidelines regarding eligibility and submit required documents to John Coffin (John.Coffin@tufts.edu).
- Applications for this award cycle are due Monday, April 2, 2012, awards will be announced by June 1, 2012.
For an application or more detailed information, please visit our website at www.ltbcfar.org (click on the Developmental Awards tab)
Lifespan/Tufts/Brown Center for AIDS Research
CFAR/RISE Building, 164 Summit Avenue, Providence, RI 02906
Tel: 401 793-4068
Fax: 401 793-4704