Todd Levine, MD
Dr. Levine is an Instructor in the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. He trained in pediatrics, adult psychiatry, and child & adolescent psychiatry (Triple Board) and completed a research fellowship in child mental health at Brown University. His research, clinical work, and lectures focus on behavior difficulties in children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) with particular attention towards anxiety. He is currently studying the relationship between parent and self reports of anxiety along with physical signs of stress in children with ASDs. He also studies the relationship between prenatal substance exposure, behavior difficulties, and enrollment in special education services. Dr. Levine provides clinical services at the Autism Spectrum Disorders Clinic at the Brown Center for The Study of Children at Risk where he treats children and adults with ASDs and behavior difficulties. Treatment includes medication management, family therapy, individual therapy, and school consultation.
- Levine TP, Liu J, Das A, Lester BM, Lagasse LL, Shankaran S, Bada HS, Bauer CR, Higgins RD (2008). Effects of Prenatal Cocaine Exposure on Special Education in School-Aged Children. Pediatrics 122(1): e83-91
- Levine TP, Sheinkopf SJ, Pescosolido M, Rodino A, Elia G, Lester BM. Physiologic arousal to social stress in children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: A pilot study. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders (2011)
- “Psychiatric Evaluation of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders” Invited Speaker at the International Conference for Infant, Toddler and Preschool Mental Health, The University of Auckland, New Zealand. February 20, 2010.
- “Understanding Anxiety in the Context of Asperger’s Syndrome” Invited Speaker at the conference Asperger Syndrome and Anxiety: Perspectives and Intervention. Sponsored by the Asperger’s Association of New England in partnership with MGH YouthCare. March 26, 2010.
- “Anxiety and Arousal in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders” Guest Speaker at the Women and Infants’ Hospital (Rhode Island) Pediatric Research Colloquium. February 4, 2011.
- “Anxiety and Arousal in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders” Invited Speaker at the Rhode Island Hospital Pediatric Grand Rounds. July 16, 2010