- Howitt, Peter, and Robert Clower The Emergence of Economic Organization Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 41 (January 2000): 55-84. (Source code for the C++ program used in the paper.)
- Howitt, Peter Endogenous Growth and Cross-Country Income Differences American Economic Review 90 (September 2000): 829-46.
- Howitt, Peter The Economics of Science and the Future of Universities The 16th Timlin Lecture, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, 2000.
- Aghion, Philippe, Christopher Harris, Peter Howitt and John Vickers Competition, Imitation and Growth with Step-by-step Innovation Review of Economic Studies 68 (July 2001):467-92.
- Howitt, Peter Looking Inside the Labor Market: A Review Article Journal of Economic Literature 40 (March 2002): 125-38.
- Howitt, Peter Axel Leijonhufvud - On Keynesian Economics and the Economics of Keynes: A Study in Monetary Theory In dictionaire des grandes oeuvres économiques .edited by Xavier Greffe, Jérome Lallement and Michel De Vroey Paris: Dalloz, 2002, 280-88.
- Peter Howitt on Schumpeterian Growth Theory Economic Dynamics Newsletter Volume 3, Issue 2, April 2002.
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt and Gianluca Violante General Purpose Technology and Wage Inequality Journal of Economic Growth 7 (December 2002): 315-45.
- Howitt, Peter Coordination Failures In An Encyclopedia of Macroeconomics edited by Brian Snowdon and Howard R. Vane. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2003, 140-44.
- Howitt, Peter Comment on Search, Money and Capital: A Neoclassical Dichotomy Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 35 (December 2003, Part 2): 1107-10.
- Howitt, Peter Endogenous Growth, Productivity and Economic Policy: A Progress Report International Productivity Monitor 8 (Spring 2004): 3-15
- Aghion, Philippe, Richard Blundell, Rachel Griffith, Peter Howitt and Susanne Prantl Entry and Productivity Growth: Evidence from Microlevel Panel Data Journal of the European Economic Association 2 (April-May 2004): 265-76.
- Howitt, Peter and David Mayer-Foulkes R&D, Implementation and Stagnation: A Schumpeterian Theory of Convergence Clubs Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 37 (February 2005): 147-77.
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt and David Mayer-Foulkes The Effect of Financial Development on Convergence: Theory and Evidence Quarterly Journal of Economics 120 (February 2005): 173-222. (Stata data file used in the paper.)
- Howitt, Peter Beyond Search: Fiat Money in Organized Exchange International Economic Review (May 2005): 405-29.
- Aghion, Philippe, Nick Bloom, Richard Blundell, Rachel Griffith and Peter Howitt Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship Quarterly Journal of Economics 120 (May 2005): 701-28.
- Howitt, Peter Health, Human Capital, and Economic Growth: A Schumpeterian Perspective In Health and Economic Growth: Findings and Policy Implications edited by Guillem Lopez-Casasnovas, Berta Rivera and Luis Currais Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2005, 19-40.
- Aghion, Philippe and Peter Howitt Growth with Quality-Improving Innovations: An Integrated Framework Handbook of Economic Growth, Volume 1A edited by Philippe Aghion and Steven N. Durlauf Amsterdam, North-Holland, 2005, 67-110.
- Peter Howitt Coordination Issues in Long-Run Growth In Handbook of Computational Economics, Volume II: Agent-Based Computational Economics edited by Leigh Tesfatsion and Kenneth Judd Amsterdam, North-Holland, 2006, 1605-24.
- Aghion, Philippe and Peter Howitt Appropriate Growth Policy: A Unifying Framework Journal of the European Economic Association 4 (April-May 2006): 269-314.
- Howitt, Peter The Microfoundations of the Keynesian Multiplier Process Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination 1 (May 2006): 33-44. (Source code for the C++ program used in the paper.) The original publication is available at www.springerlink.com.
- Howitt, Peter Monetary Policy and the Limitations of Economic Knowledge In Post Walrasian Macroeconomics: Beyond the Dyanamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model edited by David Colander New York: Cambridge University Press, 2006, 347-67.
- Aghion, Philippe, Rachel Griffith and Peter Howitt U-shaped relationship between competition and vertical integration: Theory and evidence International Journal of Economic Theory 2 (September/December 2006): 351-63.
- Howitt, Peter Issues in Inflation Targeting: Panel Discussion In Issues in Inflation Targeting: Proceedings of a Conference held by the Bank of Canada, April 2005 Ottawa: Bank of Canada, 2006, 359-66.
- Aghion, Philippe and Peter Howitt Capital, Innovation and Growth Accounting Oxford Review of Economic Policy 23 (March 2007): 79-93.
- Howitt, Peter Innovation, Competition and Growth: A Schumpeterian Perspective on Canada's Economy Commentary Toronto: CD Howe Insitute, April 2007.
- Ha, Joonkyung and Peter Howitt Accounting for Trends in Productivity and R&D: A Schumpeterian Critique of Semi-Endogenous Growth Theory Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 33 (June 2007): 733-74.
- Howitt, Peter Edmund Phelps: Macroeconomist and Social Scientist Scandinavian Journal of Economics 109 (July 2007): 203-24.
- Colander, David, Peter Howitt, Alan Kirman, Axel Leijonhufvud and Perry Mehrling Beyond DSGE Models: Towards an Empirically Based Macroeconomics, American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, 98 (May 2008): 236-40.
- Peter Howitt Endogenous Growth, In The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition, edited by Steven Durlauf and Lawrence Blume, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Peter Howitt and David N. Weil Economic Growth, In The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition, edited by Steven Durlauf and Lawrence Blume, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Howitt, Peter Macroeconomics with Intelligent Autonomous Agents, In Macroeconomics in the Small and the Large: Essays on Microfoundations, Macroeconomic Applications and Economic History in Honor of Axel Leijonhufvud, edited by Roger Farmer. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2008. (Source code for the C++ program used in the paper.)
- Aghion, Philippe, Richard Blundell, Rachel Griffith, Peter Howitt and Susanne Prantl
The Effects of Entry on Incumbent Innovation and Productivity, Review of Economics and Statistics 91 (February, 2009): 20-32.
- Howitt, Peter Inflation Targeting in Canada: Optimal Monetary Policy or Just Being There? In Canadian Policy Debates and Case Studies in Honour of David Laidler edited by Robert Leeson. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010, 41-72.
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt and Fabrice Murtin The Relationship Between Health and Growth: When Lucas meets Nelson-Phelps Review of Economics and Institutions2(1), Winter 2011,
Article 1. doi:10.5202/rei.v2i1.1. http://www.rei.unipg.it/rei/article/view/22
- Howitt, Peter Comment on "Patterns of Sustainable Specialization and Trade" (by Arnold
Kling). Capitalism and Society: Vol. 6: Iss. 2, Article 5. doi:10.2202/1932-0213.1088 http://www.bepress.com/cas/vol6/iss2/art5
- Howitt, Peter What Have Central Bankers Learned from Modern Macroeconomic Theory? Journal of Macroeconomics 34 (March 2012): 11-22.
- Ashraf, Quamrul, Boris Gershman and Peter Howitt Macroeconomics in a Self-Organizing Economy Revue de l'OFCE / Debates and Policies 124 (2012): 43-65.
- Geanakoplos, John, Robert Axtell, J. Doyne Farmer, Peter Howitt, Benjamin Conlee, Jonathan Goldstein, Matthew Hendrey, Nathan M. Palmer, Chun-Yi Yang Getting at Systemic Risk via an Agent-Based Model of the Housing Market American Economic
Association Papers and Proceedings 102 (May 2012): 53-58
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt and Susanne Prantl Revisiting the Relationship between Competition, Patenting, and Innovation In Advances in Economics and Econometrics: Tenth World Congress, Volume I, Economic Theory. New York, Cambridge University Press, 2013: 451-55.
- Howitt, Peter From Curiosity to Wealth Creation: How University Research Can Boost Economic Growth Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, June 2013.
- Howitt, Peter, and Ömer Özak Adaptive Consumption Behavior Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 39 (February 2014): 37-61..
- Aghion, Philippe, Ufuk Akcigit and Peter Howitt What Do We Learn from Schumpeterian Growth Theory? In Handbook of Economic Growth, Volume 2, edited by Philippe Aghion and Stephen N. Durlauf. Amsterdam, North-Holland, 2014: 515-563.
- Aghion, Philippe, Ufuk Akcigit and Peter Howitt Lessons from Schumpeterian Growth Theory American Economic
Association Papers and Proceedings 105 (May 2015): 94-99.
- Aghion, Philippe, Ufuk Akcigit and Peter Howitt The Schumpeterian Growth Paradigm Annual Review of Economics 7 (August 2015): 557-575.
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt and Susanne Prantl Patent Rights, Product Market Reforms, and and Innovation Journal of Economic Growth 20 (September 2015): 223-262.
- Howitt, Peter Mushrooms and Yeast: The Implications of Technological Progress for Canada's Economic Growth Commentary 433, C.D. Howe Institute, September 2015.
- Ashraf, Quamrul, Boris Gershman and Peter Howitt How Inflation Affects Macroeconomic Performance: An Agent-Based Computational Investigation Macroeconomic Dynamics 20 (March 2016): forthcoming.