2013 Economics Honors Student Theses
- Anthony Bakshi, "Performance Variation amoung Major League Baseball Closers: Field Evidence of Situational Pressure Effects"
- Alexander Bell, "An Autopsy on Submarine Patents: A Window into Expectations of the World Technological Frontier"
- Koushiki Bose, "The Lottery as an Occupancy Process: Large-Deviations Approximations
and Importance Sampling"
- Chishio Furukawa, "Health and Safety Benefits of Replacing Kerosene Candles with Solar Lamps:
Evidence from Uganda"
- Lucas Husted, "The Price of Cannabis: An Analysis of How Decriminalization and Federal
Enforcement Affect the Price of Marijuana"
- Louise Ireland, "Caveat Venditor: A Perspective on the Jumpstart our Business Startups Act
and the Value of Security Regulation"
- Desmond Jung, "Becoming Too Big to Fail: Determinants of Congressional Voting on the
Gramm-Leach-Biley Financial Services Modernization Act"
- Wookun Kim, "Will Pronatalist Policy Work? The Case of South Korea"
- Christine Lai, "The Impact of Voter Identification Laws on Voter Participation"
- Qiaohan Li, "Rebalancing Growth in China: Cross-Province Evidence"
- Ruizhen Liu, "Credit Card Asset-Backed Securities and Their Impact on U.S. Household Financial Stability"
- W. Austen Mack-Crane, "Management of a Cooperative Fishery with Cyclic Environmental Shocks"
- Daniel Prinz, "Strategic Voting, Mixed and Runoff Elections: Evidence from Hungary"
- Benjamin Tietze, "Has Social Media Changed Communication? An Examination of the Impact
of Communication Technology Advances on Box Office Word-of-Mouth
- Neil Thakral, "Matching with Stochastic Arrival"
- Rohan Thakur, "Effects of Exposition and Explanation on Decision Making"
- Harrison Tross, "Analysis of the Effect of Connectivity on Decisions in Heterogeneous
Social Networks Characterized by Imperfect Information"
- Lixian Wang, "Evaluating Prospects of Internationalization of Chinese RMB"
- Zuhal Yildirim, "Assessing the Effect of Education on Income and Fertility in China"
- Chi Zhang, "Public Goods Game with Group Competition"
- Shaopeng Zhang, "Economic Growth across Provinces in China from 1978-2010"