Study Abroad: overview
- The Department of German Studies encourages all students to study in Germany for one or two semesters. We offer two Brown programs in Germany: one at the Humboldt University in Berlin and one at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen.
- Students who want to study in Germany must be in good standing at Brown and have sufficient skills to study in the foreign language. Students are enrolled as full-time students at the university and take all classes in German.
- Both universities offer courses in all disciplines. Students have enrolled in courses in a variety of subjects, including Economics, German Studies, History, Art History, Biology and Physics.
- The program attracts students who not only major in German Studies but also History, Engineering, Biology, Visual Arts, and Modern Culture and Media.
- Both programs are overseen by an on-site coordinator in Berlin and Tubingen.
- The programs offer a variety of housing options and excellent orientation programs.
- The year-long program in Germany runs from September through July. The spring semester runs from February through July.
More information about the Brown in Berlin program available here.