Applying to REU
Upcoming 2012 REU Program
PROGRAM DATES: JUNE 4, 2012 – AUGUST 10, 2012
The 2012 REU Summer Program is open to both Brown and Non-Brown undergraduate students. Non-Brown undergraduates can apply directly to the MRSEC program by completing the 2012Application found below.
Brown students MUST apply to the MRSEC/REU Program through the Brown UTRA program at http://www.brown.edu/Administration/Dean_of_the_College/utra/.
Brown students must be sure to identify CAMR as the department you are applying to work with on the UTRA Application.
2011 REU Participants will receive:
- A stipend of $3,600 for the 10 week program
- Reimbursement of up to $1,200 for summer housing costs
- Reimbursement of up to $500 for travel costs (one roundtrip travel to Providence, RI)
DEADLINE: February 8, 2012 for Full Consideration
Minorities, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or better, and have:
- Enrolled in a degree program leading to a baccalaureate or associates degree
- Demonstrate interest and potential to pursue graduate studies
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its possessions
Interested Non-Brown students should submit all of the following:
- The completed application form in pdf format;
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members, research advisors or others who can attest to the student's suitability for a research experience, motivation for a research career, or classroom performance;
- An official copy of college transcripts;
- A current resume or a brief biological sketch.
The application form, letters of recommendation and resume can be submitted via email to IMNI@brown.edu or sent to the address listed below. The application form can be completed electronically, but a signature is required. Therefore the form must be printed, signed and then sent as a PDF attachment or hard copy. Transcripts must be submitted via postal mail.
Application materials can be mailed to:
MRSEC / REU Program
IMNI/Center for Advanced Materials Research
182 Hope Street
Barus & Holley Building, Box M
Providence, RI 02912