Joukowsky Institute Publications (JIP)
The Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology and the Ancient World's new publication series, Joukowsky Institute Publications (JIP), is edited by Professor John F. Cherry. These volumes will be focused on dissemination of the results of conferences and workshops held under the Institute’s aegis, on fieldwork reports and other scholarly studies by faculty associated with the Institute, and on the publication of archaeological material in Brown collections. JIP volumes are available through the David Brown Book Store.
The following titles are available or forthcoming:
- JIP 1. KOINE: Mediterranean Studies in Honor of R. Ross Holloway, edited by Derek B. Counts and Anthony S. Tuck (2009).
- JIP 2. Re-Presenting the Past: Archaeology through Text and Image, edited by Sheila Bonde and Stephen Houston (forthcoming, Fall 2010).
- JIP 3. Violence and Civilization, edited by Roderick Campbell (forthcoming, Spring 2011).
- JIP 4. Archaeologies of Text: Archaeology, Technology, and Ethics, edited by Matthew T. Rutz and Morag M. Kersel (forthcoming 2011)
- JIP 5. Drawing on Rocks, Gathering by the Water: Archaeological Fieldwork at Rock Reliefs, Sacred Springs, and Other Places, edited by Ömür Harmansah (forthcoming 2011)
- JIP 6. Locality of Sacrality: Theoretical Approaches to the Emplacement of Religion, edited by Claudia Moser and Cecelia F. Weiss (forthcoming 2012).