Joukowsky Institute Publications (JIP)
The Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology and the Ancient World's publication series, Joukowsky Institute Publications (JIP), is edited by Professor John F. Cherry. These volumes will be focused on dissemination of the results of conferences and workshops held under the Institute’s aegis, on fieldwork reports and other scholarly studies by faculty associated with the Institute, and on the publication of archaeological material in Brown collections. JIP volumes are available through the David Brown Book Company and Oxbow Books.
The following titles are available or forthcoming:
- JIP 1. KOINE: Mediterranean Studies in Honor of R. Ross Holloway, edited by Derek B. Counts and Anthony S. Tuck (2009).
- JIP 2. Re-Presenting the Past: Archaeology through Text and Image, edited by Sheila Bonde and Stephen Houston (July 2013).
- JIP 3. Locating the Sacred: Theoretical Approaches to the Emplacement of Religion, edited by Claudia Moser and Cecelia Feldman (January 2014).
- JIP 4. Violence and Civilization: Studies of Social Violence in History and Prehistory, edited by Roderick Campbell (January 2014).
- JIP 5. Of Rocks and Water: Towards an Archaeology of Place, edited by Ömür Harmansah (July 2014)
- JIP 6. Archaeologies of Text: Archaeology, Technology, and Ethics, edited by Matthew T. Rutz and Morag M. Kersel (forthcoming Fall 2014)