- Respect: We are committed to developing mutual respect through soliciting input, active listening and communicating, recognizing diverse points of view, and giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Customer Service: We are committed to understanding the needs of the Brown community, communicating effectively, and delivering solutions in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Collaborative Relationships: We are committed to building strong, successful partnerships within our department, the University, and the community.
- Stewardship: We are committed to respecting the history and traditions of our University. We strive to preserve the character of our buildings and grounds and to create and maintain a safe, attractive, and environmentally conscious atmosphere.
- Excellence: We are committed to the highest standards of quality and performance and dedicated to continuous improvement across the department.
- Effectiveness: We are committed to developing efficient processes and delivering services that are fiscally, operationally, and environmentally responsible with an emphasis on proactive solutions.
- Employee Development: We are committed to promoting the professional development of our employees' skills and expertise, and to attracting and retaining highly-qualified individuals.
The mission of Facilities Management is to support the University by enhancing the quality of physical facilities. We do this through planning, designing, engineering, constructing, and maintaining in a responsive, service-oriented, effective, and environmentally-conscious manner.