Environment-related E-mail Lists & Calendars
What Grows On in Rhode Island Calendar lists an amazing range of environment-related events for Rhode Islanders.
EcoRI is a nonprofit journalistic initiative devoted to educating readers about the causes, consequences and solutions to local environmental issues and problems.
ECI maintains two kinds of lists and CES runs a third list that may be of interest to students and faculty:
- An official list of all ECI associated faculty, postdocs, staff, and grad students.We use these lists only for official ECI events and announcements, such as funding opportunities, retreats, working group and postdocs competitions, and ECI-organized events. People get added when they start having some association with ECI – either through their own work or that of an advisor or mentor. Because this is the only way we have of communicating with all ECI affiliates, there is no opt-out and consequently, traffic is light and highly targeted. In general, mail to this list comes from my personal address (Martha_downs@brown.edu)
- The ECI listserv (ECI@listserv.brown.edu) is open to anyone – faculty, staff, or students, associated with ECI or not, inside or outside of Brown. It carries anything that might be relevant to a broad range of people interested in interdisciplinary research on environmental topics. This includes seminars offered across (and outside) the University, some local environmental events and opportunities, links to press on ECI work, and links to news and papers that offer examples of interdisciplinary environmental inquiry. Traffic can be quite heavy, but subject lines are informative so that you can quickly delete what you’re not interested in and keep track of what does interest you. Generally, people opt in to this list and control their list options at the ECI listserv: http://listserv.brown.edu/?A0=ECI which is linked from the lower, right hand side of the ECI home page: http://brown.edu/Research/ECI/. Most mail to this list comes from the ECI address (email@example.com).
- CES puts out a weekly newsletter with more local events, CES seminars, job opportunities, etc. You can sign up here: http://listserv.brown.edu/?A0=ces_newsletter or by contacting Patti Caton at CES – (firstname.lastname@example.org). Examples of current and past CES newsletters are here: http://envstudies.brown.edu/newsletters/index.html\
- Brown hosts a Superfund Research program titled Reuse in Rhode Island. Superfund seminars are generally announced on the ECI listserv.
- The Energy Initiative hosts weekly seminars during the academic year. Contact Derek Stein to join the energy list.