BOLTer Calendar 2015
New BOLTers! Please save the dates and times!
- Sun April 26th, 1pm-3pm: New BOLTer meeting for newly accepted BOLTers that are currently on campus.
An introduction for all accepted BOLTers to learn about logistics of preparing for the trip, to meet Leaders and other BOLTers, and to learn what the program is all about.
BOLT groups meet regularly throughout the fall and spring semesters (usually over dinner). In addition, there are a number of events for all BOLT groups.
- Aug 29 (Sat): 8:30-5pm: Please return to Brown by this time to pick up your key from Residential Life and move into your room.
- Aug 30 (Sun): 12 noon-7pm: Pre-Trip Prep Meeting in Alumnae Hall. *absolutely required Pre-trip Meeting in Alumnae Hall. Here you will meet your Leaders and fellow BOLTers, receive requested gear, pack your packs, and get ready to go.
- Aug 31-4 (Mon-Fri) 7 am meet at 48 Olive St (behind the CAC): Fall Trip! Backpacking in the Whites!
- Sep 4 (Fri) 7-9pm: Post Trip Banquet, Alumnae Hall. Suggested attire is BOLT Semi (dress up a little, but include something outdoorsy -- boots, bandanas, headlamps, etc.)
- Sep 6 (Sun) 10am-1pm: Gear Cleanup & Informal Debrief in Alumnae Hall *required, email us if you have Meiklejohn Training.
- Sep 12 (Sat) 11-1: BOLT Wars. Ittleson Quad (OMAC green)
- Sep 14th (Mon-Sat) BOLT group gatherings and check in.
- Sep 24 (Thurs) from 8pm-9pm: Annual Slide Show and Photo Contest. Salomon 001.
- October 3 (Sat) 1-3pm Leadership Workshop 1: Effective Communication Skills (Wilson, multiple)
- Mid October - "Family Group" Gatherings/Events (Family Groups are regional groups of 4-5 trip groups.)
- Oct 19 (Mon) 7:30-9:30pm: Leader Planning Meeting for Family Group Gatherings and LW 2: Leadership Styles and Group Facilitation Workshops, Wilson 302
- Nov 7 1-3 (Sat) Leadership Workshop 2: Leadership Styles and Group Facilitation
- Nov 14 (Sat) from 5pm-9pm: Thanksgiving Pot Luck Celebration and Charity Event. All BOLT, all BOLTer years and friends invited. Location: Central Congregational Church (296 Angell Street, come in side door by the office sign)
- Week of Dec 1st - BOLT Group's plan end of semester dinners or events together.
Other events can be scheduled based on interests.