BOLTer Calendar 2013
Please save the dates and time!
- April 27 (Sat), 1pm-3pm: New BOLTer meeting for Currently Enrolled Students.
An introduction for all accepted BOLTers to learn about logistics of preparing for the trip, to meet Leaders and other BOLTers, and to learn what the program is all about.
Fall Program 2013
Our Annual Fall Trip Launches our Year!
- Aug 24, 2013 (Sat) 8:30am-5:00pm: Please return to Brown by this time to pick up your key and move into your room.
*For students traveling long distances, such as from the West coast or outside the US, please request a Friday arrival to assist with jet lag and flight delay issues. We can submit a special request for housing.
- Aug 25 (Sun), 12-7pm: *required Pre-Trip Meeting in Alumnae Hall.
- Aug 26-30 (Mon-Fri): Fall Trip! *required Backpacking in the Whites!
- Aug 30 (Fri) 7-9pm: Post Trip Banquet, Multipurpose Room, Campus Center
- Sep 1 (Sun) 10am-1pm: Gear Cleanup in Alumnae Hall *required, unless you have Meiklejohn Training
Fall Semester Programming 2013
BOLT groups meet weekly or bi-weekly throughout the fall and spring semesters (usually over dinner).
- Sep 8 (Sun), 10-12noon: BOLT Wars. Pembroke Field.
- Week of Sep 9 (Mon-Sat)-- leaders plan small group gatherings with their groups.
- Sep 19 (Thur) 8pm-9pm: Slide Show. Salomon 001.
- Sep 28 (Sat) time tba: Scavenger Hunt w/mixed BOLT groups & friends
- Oct 5 (Sat) Backcountry Baking Workshop. - a campus wide event
- Oct 26 (Sat) 10am-4pm: Fall Hike. Blue Hills Reservation. Milton, MA. Sign-ups to be announced. Rain date is Nov. 2.
- Nov 6 (Wed) 7-9pm: Experiential Teaching Workshop. - a campus wide event
- Nov 9 (Sat) from 8-9 pm Talent Show
- Nov 16 (Sat) 5pm-9pm: Thanksgiving Celebration and Charity Event. All BOLT all years & friends
Other events will be scheduled and we will provide additional details in the Fall with ideas that include a Teambuilding Facilitation Workshop, an Open Mic Talent Show Night and a Mindfulness Retreat Day.
The Google calendar below lists all-BOLT events. All fall trip participants (BOLTers) are welcome and encouraged to come.