Brought to you by Health Education at Brown.
The best way to have fun during Spring Weekend: Stay with friends and look out for each other.
• Eat often. We need a meal or snack every 4 hours to keep our energy up. Food also slows the absorption of alcohol.
• Stay hydrated. We need 8 cups of water a day. If you’re out in the sun, exercising or drinking alcohol, you’ll need even more water.
• Avoid combining alcohol and caffeine. People drink more and have higher blood alcohol levels when these are combined.
• Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher and reapply every two hours.
• Call the nurse at Health Services (401.863-1330) for any medical advice you need – for yourself or for a friend.
• Call EMS (401.863-4111) for someone if they are unable to stop vomiting, falling down drunk or not responding easily to simple questions.