Guidelines for Living with a Sick Person
If you are living with a sick person:
- Consider moving in with a friend or if in a suite into the bedroom of another suite mate until the sick person recovers.
- If you share a bedroom with the sick person, sleep as far away as possible and use your room as little as possible until the sick person recovers.
- Keep as far away from your roommate as possible and try to avoid face to face contact; ideally at least 6 feet apart.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer on entering and leaving your room.
- Ask your roommate to wear a mask while you are in the same room, especially if they are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are available with RPLs in each residence hall and at Health Services.
- If you develop ILI symptoms, call Health Services at 401-863-1330 for medical advice.
If you are pregnant, have significant asthma or other respiratory illnesses, significant chronic heart, liver, blood or neurological disease or have diabetes, HIV or are taking immunosuppressive drugs, please contact UHS (401-863-1330) immediately.