Links to disability-related resources
- Jim Hawtree's ADD From the Inside The site explores the notion that ADD may be a result of evolution.
- Disability Information
for Students and Professionals This site is dedicated
to students and professionals who are researching disability
- Society for Disability
General Disability Sites
- Blindness Resource Center
- DAIS Disability
Access and Information Services (DAIS) provides important
information on disability related issues in higher education.
- Disability Social History Project
- disABILITY Information and Resources
- Disability Net A worldwide service for people with disabilities and for those who wish to research disability related issues.
- Family Village A global community that combines information resources and communication opportunities for citizens with disabilities.
- # Disabled This #Disabled is a channel on NewNet IRC, where people with any kind of disability of illness, or anyone with an interest in disability issues, can get together and chat about anything they want.
- Mainstream Magazine A magazine devoted to "leading news, advocacy and lifestyle zine" of people with disabilities.
- National Organization on Disabilities Provides information about N.O.D. and important press releases concerning disabilities.
Job Opportunity Sites
with Disabilities Act The ADA home page which provides
a statement of the ADA along with other information pertaining
to the Act (e.g. enforcement).
- CODI This site
contains information concerning disabilities on the following
areas: education, directories and databases, statistics,
government documents, computer access, legal, publications,
WWW, bibliographic references, aging, politics, universal
design and announcements.
- The Access Board Provides information on obtaining access to transportation.
This directory includes over 125 scholarships that are categorized into disability-related scholarships, condition-specific scholarships, and group-specific scholarships (i.e. for caregivers and veterans).
Web Accessibility Sites
- Web Accessibility Initiative
- WAVE 4.0 A web tool designed to test the accessibility of a web page.
- Starling Access Services
- Unified Web Accesibility Guidelines