Skip over navigation

Filing a Student Conduct Complaint

Members of the Brown community may file written complaints that support potential violations by Brown students of University non-academic rules, regulations, and/or standards of conduct. Written complaints may be submitted in person or online. If submitted in person, written complaints must be submitted to the Office of Student Life located at 20 Benevolent Street and must be accompanied by a signed Campus Incident Complaint Form. Campus Incident Complaint Forms are available at the Office of Student Life. If submitted online, complaints must be submitted using a Brown University user ID at

When a complaint is filed more than sixty days after the alleged incident, the Senior Associate Dean for Student Life will determine whether circumstances support a late filing of charges. The complaint needs to include, in writing, the name(s) of all witnesses or others who may have information concerning the alleged offense(s).