Minority Peer Counselor Coordinator (MPCC)
MPCC Instructions & Timelines:
Thank you for your interest in applying to be an MPCC! We look forward to reading your application and meeting with you. Please make sure to complete all parts of the application.
If you have any questions regarding the process or any of the questions, please feel free to contact the MPCCs (Tim, Lorena, Nicole, Amit) at email@example.com or Anjali at Anjali_Sridhar@brown.edu or 401-863-3693.
Wed, Nov 17, 8 pm - MPCC & TWTPC Info Session @ TWC
Wed, Dec 1, 8 pm - MPCC Info Session @ TWC
Mon, Jan 31, 8 pm - MPCC & TWTPC Info Session @ TWC
Fri, Feb 4, 3 pm - MPCC Applications due @ the TWC
Week of Feb 7th (Mon - Thurs) - MPCC Interviews @ TWC
Fri, Feb 11th 5 pm (latest) - MPCC decisions made
1. This form has a few sections. Please make sure to fill out the form completely. You will not be able to save the form as you fill it out.
2. Please make sure the recommendation letters are mailed to the Third World Center or emailed to Anjali_Sridhar@brown.edu. Please feel free to provide your referees a copy or a link to the MPCC job description.
3. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact Anjali_Sridhar@brown.edu or MPCC1011@gmail.com
Part I: Short Answer Questions
These questions are a major component of your application. To provide you with some time to prepare your responses before beginning your application, we are including them below.
1. State your reasons for applying to be an MPC Coordinator.
2. What do you want to gain from the MPCC experience?
3. How do you plan to work together with your co-Coordinators, the TWTP Coordinators, and the TWC Staff?
4. What leadership skills do you bring to the MPC program?
5. State you strengths and weaknesses and how they will affect you as a coordinator.
6. What do you see as the vision and goal of the MPC program?
Part II: Application Form
In order to access this the application you must be logged into your Brown University Gmail account before opening the application form. The application is a secure form best accessed through Firefox or Safari.
Part III: Letters of Recommendation
Please provide TWO (2) letters of recommendation (from a current/former employer or professor/teacher) that will speak to your work ethic as an employee and/or as a student and your ability to build a sense of community. Specific examples are very helpful. You may want to provide them with the job description (available at www.brown.edu/twc) for details on the position.
Please email, fax or mail the letters of recommendation to:
Anjali Sridhar – Anjali_Sridhar@brown.edu
Fax – 401-863-1184
Third World Center
68 Brown St
Providence, RI 02912