Third World Transition Program Coordinator (TWTPC)
Application Instructions and Timelines
We believe that the Third World Transition Program (TWTP) is among the most important pre-orientation programs at Brown University. We hope that next year’s TWTP will be everything it can be and more. In order for this to happen, we need dedicated, organized and strong applicants.
In this application you will find a very brief (by no means, exhaustive) list of duties that await next year’s TWTPCs. Please take a look at these responsibilities when considering your application.
Please submit an electronic version of the application form and your essay by 3 pm, Friday, February . Interviews will start as soon as possible and you will be notified by the end of the following week.
Please also provide directly one (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator firstname.lastname@example.org as part of your complete application.
Further, one additional information session will be held on January 26th, 2010 at the TWC at 8 pm, We look forward to hearing from you and are confident that next year’s TWTP will be amazing!
Best, Rev. William Mathis Interim Director, Third World Center
Tho Phan ‘11 & Alexander Brownridge '12
TWTP Coordinator s 2010 - 2011
Wed, Nov 17, 8 pm - MPCC & TWTPC Info Session @ TWC
Wed, Dec 2, 8 pm - TWTPC Info Session @ TWC
Mon, Jan 31, 8 pm - MPCC & TWTPC Info Session @ TWC
Fri, Feb 4, 3 pm - TWTPC Applications due @ the TWC
Week of Feb 7th (Mon - Thurs) - TWTPC Interviews @ TWC
Fri, Feb 11th, 5 pm (latest) - TWTPC decisions made
1. This form has a few sections. Please make sure to fill out the form completely. You will not be able to save the form as you fill it out.
2. Please make sure the recommendation letters are mailed to the Third World Center or emailed to Anjali_sridhar@brown.edu. Please feel free to provide your referees a copy or a link to the TWTPC job description.
3. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact Anjali_Sridhar@brown.edu or TWTPC1011@gmail.com
Part I: Short Answer Questions
These questions are a major component of your application. To provide you with some time to prepare your responses before beginning your application, we are including them below. PLEASE NOTE - you will not be able to save your form online once you start it.
- What is the purpose of TWTP at Brown? (Please include what you think TWTP’s role for first-years, peer mentors i.e. MPCs, MPC Friends, and MPCCs, student of colors community, the Third World Center, and the campus community.)
- Do you think the purpose of TWTP should be altered, expanded, or limited for the coming year? In what ways?
- Thinking critically about the program, what aspects of TWTP if any do you feel should be changed and how would you go about implementing those changes?
- What is the role of TWTPC at Brown? And why do you want to apply to become a Third World Transition Program Coordinator?
- Provide specific examples that highlight your ability to work effectively in a team environment and how you manage tasks independently.
- Provide specific examples that highlight your ability to handle multiple tasks in a high stress situation simultaneously.
- Please describe an experience where a situation did not go according to plan and what strategies you used to address that situation.
- How will you ensure transparency and levels of responsibility between your role as Coordinator and peer? Coordinator and administrators?
- How will you increase your visibility with your role and the campus community?
- How will your facilitate strong bonds between MPC Friends and MPCs in the program?
- Have you attended a Unity Day, TWTP Remix, and/or TWTP Teach-In before? If so, what aspects about this programming do you feel should be modified and how will you go about implementing those changes? If not, how will you make these programs more attractive and accessible to the campus community?
- How will you ensure 360 degree accountability for the MPC Friends and yourself?
Part II: Application Form
In order to access this the application you must be logged into your Brown University Gmail account before opening the application form. The application is a secure form best accessed through Firefox or Safari.
Part III: Letters of Recommendation
Please provide ONE (1) letters of recommendation (from a current/former employer or professor/teacher) that will speak to your work ethic as an employee and/or as a student and your ability to build a sense of community. Specific examples are very helpful. You may want to provide them with the job description (available at www.brown.edu/twc) for details on the position.
Please email, fax or mail the letters of recommendation to:
Anjali Sridhar – Anjali_Sridhar@brown.edu
Fax – 401-863-1184
Third World Center
68 Brown St
Providence, RI 02912