Bear Bucks Funds FAQ

How can I add money to my Bear Bucks Account?
You can add money to your account anytime through ValuePort machines.  You can also add money at the Cashier Office located on the second floor of Brown Office Building 164 Angell Street.


Can I add funds to my Bear Bucks account online?
No, funds can only be added to the Bear Bucks account with Cash at a ValuePort machine or Cash/Check or Wire Transfer at the Cashier Office.

How long does it take for new funds to become available?
When you put new funds in your Bear Bucks account, these funds should become available as soon as you complete the transaction.  If you have problems, please call the Brown Card office at 401-863-2273.


Can I use my Bear Bucks account to get cash?
No, it cannot be used to obtain cash or cash advances. Under no circumstances may debits or charges to an account reduce the account balance below zero. 


Does my Bear Bucks account ever expire?
No, your Bear Bucks account does not expire until you separate from the University.  Any balance remaining in the account following graduation, separation or withdrawl will be refunded in full.

Exception: If the University is forced to draw from the account to clear an outstanding debt of the cardholder, only the unused balance will be refunded.


Can I see a report of my transactions and balance?
Log into your GET account. Transaction histories may be displayed for up to the past six months. Information displayed for each transaction includes date and time, location, account, type of transaction and transaction amount.


Back to FAQ's