Global Engagement Steering Committee
The Global Engagement Steering Committee supports and promotes international efforts at Brown University, including international partnerships, research collaborations, and educational programs. It consists of 8 faculty members, including the chair, who will serve for staggered 2-year terms; and (b) ex officio members of Brown's academic administration.
The Steering Committee works closely with, and gives guidance and direction to, the Associate Provost for International Affairs, whose office is charged with supporting international scholarship and Brown’s global relationships.
Specific functions of the Steering Committee include:
- Identifying promising directions and opportunities to advance Brown's strategic goals and further its aspirations to be a University with global reach and impact, and advising the Provost and President on international strategies.
- Vetting ideas for international connections and activities that arise internally and in response to outside proposals, and endorsing or rejecting MOU and other affiliation requests.
- Developing ways to support the work of Brown faculty already engaged in international education and scholarship, and encouraging a wider range of faculty to develop and pursue international dimensions to their work.
- Developing ways to make Brown more accessible to visiting faculty and students from abroad.
- Determining how the Office of Global Engagement's budget resources should be structured and allocated to greatest effect for advancing research and education by the Brown faculty and our students.