The role of the Center for Learning & Professional Development is to serve as a conduit of knowledge, information and services. We facilitate learning and assist staff in maximizing job performance through various programs. The programs are designed to help all Brown staff members to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and competencies to perform effectively in their current positions.
- Prepare themselves and colleagues to assume new or different responsibilities either in their current position or to meet future goals.
- Forge internal and external partnerships to improve organizational effectiveness.
In addition to the programs offered by the Center for Learning & Professional Development, we also:
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to develop skill-building and informational programs for the Brown community.
- Create specific programs upon request from departments to address learning and development needs.
- Administer training.brown.edu, the convenient one-stop training registration system for the Brown community through June 30, 2012. LearningPoint will replace training.brown.edu beginning January, 2012. LearningPoint will provide a single point of access to instructor-led training registration and administration, e-learning delivery and more for professional development and compliance purposes.
- Offer a comprehensive, easy-to-use lending library. Log on to library, browse selections, and email CLPD to request books. Books are sent and returned via campus mail.
- Partner with departments to create customized online learning.