The International Affairs Undergraduate Student Fund can accommodate many diverse interests and types of projects, on-campus events and short-term travel grants that are international in nature, and that are directly reltaed to a student's academic career. Undergraduate students, or student groups, are eligible to receive funding once per fiscal (budget) year, July 1 - June 30. All applicants must apply via the online UFunds system.
1. Written project proposal which must address:
- How it will benefit the student: in what ways will it advance and enrich the student’s academic and/or professional career
- How it will benefit Brown: what it brings back to campus to advance and enrich the internationalization mission of Brown
2. Letter of support from a faculty advisor which must include:
- Statement of support
- Agreement to ongoing supervision of the project participant(s)
NOTE: If a project requires international travel, the letter of support must:
- Address supervision and monitoring (frequency and duration) and discuss check-in plans (if the project takes place over the summer, there must be at least one check-in in person or by phone).
- Agreement to ongoing monitoring of the progress
- Agreement to sign-off on the project upon completion
3. Budget that includes:
- Detailed breakdown of expenses
- Other funding applying for, or have already received funds from
NOTE: If a project requires international travel, the applicant must:
- Agree to abide by University protocol and sign a contract and waiver stating such
- When notified of the award, students must submit emergency contact info, a travel plan and description of in-country accommodations
Undergraduate students or student groups may apply for this fund via the online application system UFunds.
Before you travel internationally, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the benefits of registering your trip withInternational SOS. The University has contracted with International SOS to provide Brown University travelers with 24 hour worldwide medical and travel assistance, including emergency evacuation.
Please register your trip information on the International SOS Personal Travel Record
Brown’s Membership Number is 11BSGC000031.
Additional information about International SOS can be found at:http://www.brown.edu/Administration/Office_of_Insurance_and_Risk/InternationalTravelInfo.html
For questions, or further information, please contact Sarah Daly at email@example.com.