There are mandatory exit counseling requirements to complete & additional optional ways to learn about loan repayment.
All loan borrowers must complete online loan exit counseling requirements upon graduation or at the beginning of any leave. A hold will be placed on diplomas & transcripts if the exit counseling requirements are not completed. Watch for detailed emails from the Loan Office regarding your exit requirements.
**Important: Exit counseling will not be considered valid if completed more than 30 days prior to the end of your enrollment.
Federal Perkins or Institutional Loans
- The Loan Office must generate your exit counseling materials before you will be able to access them online. You will receive a detailed email once the materials are ready. You can then complete loan exit counseling requirements at http://borrower.ecsi.net.
- School Code: E7
Account Number: U.S. Citizens enter SSN; International enter Loan ID#
ECSI PIN: Will be sent to you by email
Federal Stafford or PLUS Loans
- Complete loan exit counseling requirements at www.studentloans.gov.
- NEW Federal Login Process: Effective May 10, 2015, you'll need to create a new FSA ID to replace your Federal PIN Number! There is a new login process for the federal websites (FAFSA, StudentLoans.gov, NSLDS). View the FSA ID Guide to learn more. When you visit StudentLoans.gov, you will be re-directed to a site where you can register for a new FSA ID.
Useful Information to Have:
You will need to enter estimates of your income and expenses while completing the Stafford or PLUS Loan counseling. This is only used to help you evaluate the different payment plans and how they fit into your estimated budget.
Each exit counseling session will ask you to enter the Name, Address, E-mail Address, & Phone for your next of kin, two references in the U.S., and your future employer.
Optional Ways to Learn About Loan Repayment
Use our Loan Repayment Planning Worksheet to help you gather your loan information & plan for repayment.
We offered an optional Loan Repay Workshop on April 15th. If you mised it, view the presentation here.
Do some preparation & come to Drop-in Hours at the Loan Office. See the details and times below.
- You'll be expected to complete all exit counseling requirements before coming to the Drop-in Hours.
- You'll also need to begin completing a Loan Repayment Planning Worksheet (above) and bring it with you.
- This preparation will make your one-on-one help as productive as possible!
- During Drop-in Hours, we'll help you review the Planning Worksheet and direct you to resources that can answer any remaining questions. In some cases, this will mean directing you to your federal loan servicer.
- Bring your Planning Worksheet and come to the Loan Office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 2:00-4:00pm from April 28th to May 21st.
Review additional resources in our Repay your Loans section.