What is a Servicer?
A servicer is the agency or organization responsible for billing, collection and management of loan repayment, and deferment/forbearance processing. You will send loan payments directly to your servicer(s).
Your servicer(s) will contact you to provide important information about your repayment terms. It is your responsibility to notify your servicer(s) directly any time your phone number, email address, or mailing address information changes.
Your servicer(s) will send you information about your loans by mail and/or email - Be sure to open and read it!
Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and PLUS Loans: Repay to your federal loan servicer
- There are several agencies that service federal loans. The Department of Education determines which agency will service your loans.
- If you do not know which agency services your loans, visit NSLDS to view your loan details and obtain your loan servicer contact information.
- Learn more & view federal servicer contact information.
- Once you identify your loan servicer, you can set up online account access, select your chosen repayment plan, set up automatic payments, and more.
Perkins & Institutional Loans: Repay to the Brown University Loan Office
- The Loan Office is the loan servicer for Perkins Loans and Brown University Institutional Loans and is responsible for billing, collection and management of loan repayment, and deferment/forbearance processing.
- The Loan Office will contact you to provide important information about your repayment terms. It is your responsibility to notify the Loan Office directly if your mailing address and contact information changes.
- Online Account Access: We partner with ECSI to provide online account access. Through ECSI’s website, you will be able to view your loan account(s), access your monthly statement, and make payments online.
- Learn more about ECSI - Servicer for Perkins or Institutional Loans - including accessing your online account, payment options, and FAQs.