How can I prepare and plan for my role as instructor?
Sheridan Center resources
- Preparing to Teach
- First Day(s) of Class
- Planning Classes and Engaging Students
- Gauging Student Learning
- Becoming a Better Teacher
Sheridan Center programs
- New Faculty Orientation to Teaching at Brown (offered just before the start of classes each semester)
- New Teaching Assistant Orientation to Brown (offered every fall just before the start of classes)
- Workshop: “Teaching for the First Time” (offered in conjunction with New Faculty and New TA Orientation each fall, and offered before the start of classes each spring)
- Other “Fundamentals: Teaching + Learning” workshops: “Interactive Classrooms”, “Grading Strategies” & “Classroom Communication” (offered at the beginning of every semester)
- Sheridan Teaching Certificate I Program: The Sheridan Teaching Seminar – Reflective Teaching
Check Upcoming Events to see when these programs are next offered.
Handouts from these programs can be found in the Events archive.
Other pages that might be of interest