SAC is the President’s Staff Advisory Council. We are a voluntary organization, composed of a diverse group of exempt and non-exempt staff members, who help facilitate active and direct communication between University staff and the President. We also provide a forum for discussion and investigation of issues important to the staff and the University.
We serve the teaching, research and service mission of Brown University.
Events and Morale Subcommittee
To plan and organize events on behalf of SAC to inform, entertain, and engage the University Community.
- Staff events, including the Best of Brown Series.
- Food, clothing, cell phone, and other collections.
- University events (e.g., Faculty/Staff Football Game, Health & Wellness Fair).
Outreach and Communication Subcommittee
To oversee and make recommendations on communications, including print communications, the SAC Web, Facebook, and to make recommendations on facilitating communication between University staff, SAC, and the senior administration.
Reviews and/or produces communications including:
- Brochures, letters, flyers, posters.
- Morning Mail announcements.
- E-mail/list serve announcements.
- Postings to the SAC and Brown web sites.
- Facebook announcements.
Staff Participation Subcommittee
To organize community service opportunities for Brown staff, and to investigate and make recommendations on staff participation in the University's governance, and on appropriate staff involvement in decision-making processes.
- Organizes community service opportunities for Brown staff.
- Organizes focus groups on staff involvement.
- Makes recommendations on staff representatives for University committees.
- Makes recommendations to SAC on staff participation in decision making.
To reach out to peer institutions to share information and discuss common topics.
- Contacts peer institutions to determine if they have similar organizations.
- Schedules web conferences to share information and discuss common topics.
- Organizes a “SAC-APALOOZA” to invite peer institutions to the Brown campus.
Membership Selection Subcommittee
- Past Chair
- SAC Advisors
- Sub Committee Chairs
To select SAC council members (10 per year).
Meets once a year.
For more information on our bylaws, please the PDF below.