University Advisory Boards and Committees
Applying to serve on a committee is easy! Just click on the application link below, fill it out, and submit!
Below is a listing of all the University advisory boards and committees for which SAC recommends staff members. If you have questions regarding the appointment process please contact Staff_Participation@Brown.edu.
- Advisory Committee on Corporate Responsibility in Investment Policies (ACCRI)
- B.E.A.R. Awards Nomination Selection Committee (Human Resources)
- Bookstore Advisory Committee
- Brown University Community Council (BUCC)
- Campus Community/Public Safety Committee
- Campus Planning Advisory Board (CPAB)
- Computing Advisory Board (CAB)
- Diversity Advisory Board (DAB)
- Energy and Environmental Advisory Committee
- Human Resources Advisory Board (HRAB)
- Staff Development Day Committee
- University Resources Committee (URC)
During the course of the twelve month program, Ambassadors will learn about the functional purpose of all academic and non-academic areas in an interesting and enjoyable format. Developed from a recommendation from SAC, the goals of the program are to:
- Expose staff/faculty to both big picture and intricacies of how the University operates
- Provide participants with a clearer understanding of the value of their role within the University and of their contribution to the PAE
- Provide staff an opportunity to become more involved and connected to the University
- Foster increased and enhanced communication across departments and divisions
- Leverage fresh perspectives in generating new ideas and solutions for the University
- Serve as form of staff recognition
- Promote employee retention
The program will be open to staff at all levels-work 67% time or greater and have completed probationary period and open to regular faculty. The application process begins every fall . Watch Morning Mail for more details, or visit the Human Resources website.