safeRIDE is a cooperative safety-oriented transportation service offered to the Brown community – students, faculty and staff of Brown and hospital affiliates who have a Brown ID.
All safeRIDE drivers are professionally licensed chauffeurs who have passed extensive background checks and have received, in addition to driver training, Brown University’s sexual harassment, diversity, and crime-prevention training. safeRIDE drivers are uniformed and wear a safeRIDE photo badge, which you may ask to see at any time.
- You MUST present your ID card when boarding the vehicles. This is to ensure the safety of both our drivers and our riders.
- You are required by Rhode Island law to wear a seat belt when the safeRIDE vehicle is in motion.
- If you damage the shuttle vehicle, you will be billed for the repairs.
- No pets.
- No smoking.
- No alcohol (in open or closed containers)
- You have the right to be driven in a safe manner and to be treated with courtesy and respect.
- You have the obligation to treat safeRIDE employees with courtesy and respect.
- safeRIDE reserves the right to deny transport to any passenger if, in the judgment of the driver, the passenger’s behavior is a danger to the vehicle, the driver, or other passengers.
By entering the shuttle vehicle, you agree to abide by these policies. Those who violate them will be denied service.
Based on an agreement between Brown University and RISD, students may ride on either school's shuttles with a proper Brown or RISD ID. Please view the RISD Rides page for routes and schedules.
For more information or to register a complaint about the shuttle services, please contact us in one of the ways listed at Contact safeRIDE.