Email from: Margaret Klawunn
Sent: October 31, 2012
Dear Brown students:
While our campus was spared the brunt of Hurricane Sandy, we realize that many of you have family living in areas that sustained heavy storm damage. We want to remind you of the resources on campus that can help you personally, and to inform you of the relief agencies and information that may be helpful to your families.
ON CAMPUS RESOURCES FOR BROWN STUDENTS:
- Office of the Dean of the College - An academic dean is available 10 am to 4 pm weekdays on the second floor of University Hall and afternoons in 313 J. Walter Wilson. Deans can provide faculty notes and discuss academic accommodations with you and your course instructors. For after hours assistance, please email Kathleen_McSharry@brown.edu. Dean McSharry will be happy to assist you.
- Office of Student Life - Student Life deans are available to undergraduate, graduate and medical students 8:30am to 5 pm weekdays. Call (401) 863-3145 or visit the office on the 4th floor of Graduate Center Tower E (42 Charlesfield Street). Deans can provide crisis support, and assistance with managing the stress of dealing with a family emergency and classes. In the evening and on weekends, there is always an administrator on call for crisis situations; call (401) 863-3322 and Public Safety will have an administrator call you.
- Psychological Services - Free, confidential counseling appointments for Brown students are available weekdays 8:30 am to 5 pm. Call (401) 863-3476 or visit the office in J. Walter Wilson, room 516. In urgent situations, let the staff know that you need more immediate attention. A staff member is also on call outside regular office hours; call (401) 863-3476.
If you have concerns or questions beyond the information we provided here, please do not hesitate to contact a dean in the College or in Student Life to discuss any difficulties.
AGENCIES PROVIDING ASSISTANCE TO STORM-AFFECTED AREAS:
- American Red Cross
- Find Assistance http://www.redcross.org/find-help
- Federal Government Links
- Individual State Websites of Emergency Information
Our thoughts are with all students and families affected by the storm.
Vice President for Campus Life & Student Services