Helping Students in Distress
If you are worried about a Brown student, or need assistance or consultation with a difficult and urgent situation, please contact a dean or administrator at the numbers listed below; they will be happy to talk with you. You may also find helpful the information on the Brown Health Promotion website that has been written to assist students in helping their friends.
Deans & Administrators
Please call the deans and administrators who are available to discuss concerns you may have about a student's academic, personal or community life at Brown.
- *For assistance with emergencies at night or on weekends (e.g., a student's immediate safety or threat to others, missing student, death in the family), or during University Breaks, Brown Public Safety can connect you with the Administrator on Call.
- Support provided for undergraduate, graduate and medical students.
- You may talk with -- or send a student to meet with -- deans in the Office of Student Life during daytime work hours.
- **Available through the sexual assault response line, a sexual assault crisis counselor gives information and support in the immediate aftermath of a sexual assault, and is available to accompany a student to the hospital, as needed.
- See also Emergency Contacts.