Growing Up Under a Microscope: How Today's Youth Achieve Privacy in Social Media
A talk by danah boyd '00, author of It’s Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens (2014).
- Thursday, April 24 at 4:00 PM
- MacMillan Hall. Starr Auditorium (Room 117), 167 Thayer Street
- Reception and book signing immediately following the talk.
- Event is free and open to the public.
- For accessibility-related information, please call 401-863-1800
Sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life and Student Services, the Office of the Dean of the College, and Computer Science.
Praise for It’s Complicated:
“Painstakingly researched through interviews and close study for more than a decade, boyd’s book is the most important analysis of networked culture I’ve yet to read.” —Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
“If you want to understand the digital worlds inhabited by today’s young people, this is the book to read.” —Howard Gardner, Harvard Graduate School of Education
“Finally, a book about youth and social media that actually gives youth a voice! The insights here offer unprecedented perspective for parenting and teaching in this networked world of ours.” —Anne Collier, co-director ConnectSafely.org, writer NetFamilyNews.org