BAT - Brown Account Tagger
The BAT system translates Workday Worktags into a key – called the BAT Key – which can then be used by existing financial systems that require numeric codes, rather than Worktags, to function. Departments with such systems include Graphic Services, the Bookstore, Dining Services, and Facilities Management. BAT Keys will be used to code transactions in these systems, which will also make the transaction data accessible to Workday, Brown’s system of record. For an overview of the BAT System and its uses, please view this introductory screencast. Use the BAT System to:
- Complete Internal Purchasing Requisitions, including purchases from Graphic Services, the Bookstore, Dining Services, and Facilities
- Completing costing allocations and position organization assignment changes
- Mass Journal Entries, using the XML upload sheet
- Map Worktags from former account numbers
- Look up Worktags and former account numbers associated with a BAT Key
- Look up revenue BAT Keys
Click here to access the BAT System. Please note the following:
- BAT will time out after 1 hour of idle time.
- VPN must be used if trying to access outside of a Brown network.