Commencement is an important event for you, your family and the entire University community. To participate in this event, eligible graduate students need to take several steps:
1. Rent or purchase academic regalia.
You must wear regalia appropriate for your degree to participate in the procession and ceremony. There are no exceptions to this rule. You can order your academic regalia online at the Brown Bookstore. Master’s and PhD candidates need a gown, cap or tam, and a hood. The Bookstore charges an additional shipping fee for rental orders placed after May 1.
2. Hold the date: Plan to attend rehearsal on Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 2:30 pm.
3. Pre-register with GradImages, our Commencement photographer, for the opportunity to order photos. Photo samples and ordering information will be mailed to you after the event. Search for Brown University on the Pre-Event Registration page.
4. Sign up with BRUnet, Brown’s career network for alumni and students.
5. Check the A-Z section for additional information.
If you have questions regarding this year’s ceremony or our preparations, please contact Susan Ely at 401-863-9546.
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations during the weekend should contact the Office of University Events and Conference Services as far in advance of Commencement as possible at 401-863-3100 and complete the form requesting a parking permit for persons with special accessibility needs.