Chemical Inventory & Tracking
All chemicals in the Chemistry Department are barcoded and entered into a chemical inventory and tracking system. It is very important that any chemical that is moved from one room to another, or discarded, be updated in the system.
The system we are using is a web-enabled database that is hosted at the University of New Hampshire. A chemical record can be easily updated from any computer with a web browser. Please follow the directions and link below to update any chemicals that move or get discarded.
TO MOVE A CHEMICAL TO A NEW LOCATION
- Click on above link to access the database.
- Click on Chemical Inventory
- Click on Update Container
- Enter the Chemistry Department barcode number that appears on the bottle of chemical and press the TAB key.
- If the owner (faculty member) of the chemical is changing, choose the new name from the drop down menu.
- Choose the new room location by clicking on the button with the double dots. Be sure to choose the correct room number with the appropriate abbreviation before it (ie. GC444 or MM216) and choose Select.
- Click on Update container.
TO DISCARD A CHEMICAL
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- Click on Remove this container from the inventory.