The CHEM 100 Web Tutorial is closed.
It will reopen on June 15, 2014.
• Prepare for the fall Chemistry placement exam.
• Refresh and expand your introductory chemistry knowledge.
• Get feedback about your level of preparation.
• Get a head start for the fall.
• Do it all online and at your own pace.
Chem.100-web is a free online tutorial that helps incoming first-year students review general chemistry. It covers stoichiometry, atomic and molecular structure, chemical bonding, solutions, chemical reactions, and thermochemistry.
Summer Chem.100-web does not exempt students from taking the Chemistry placement exam. The program can help you prepare for the placement exam. The alternative is to take Chem 0100, a semester-long class offered during the fall, then take Chem 0330 in the spring semester.
This tutorial is cost-free and is appropriate for students of all backgrounds.
Registration for Chem.100-web 2013 opens June 15 and closes August 15. Once you are registered, access to the course is in canvas.brown.edu.
Students with Brown usernames and passwords can register for Chem.100-web at http://brown.edu/go/chem100web. After a few days, you will be able to access the course in canvas.brown.edu.
To learn more about Chem.100-web, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is CHEM100-web tutorial taken for a grade or class credit? No, the tutorial is for the students' benefit and will assist in preparing for the Chemistry placement exam.
2. Does taking the CHEM100 web tutorial replace taking a semester of chemistry or the chemistry placement exam? No, the CHEM100 tutorial is not for credit or for a grade. Students must take the chemistry placement exam.
3. Are there exams or quizzes in the CHEM100 tutorial? Yes, there are quizzes and exams. The Canvas program automatically grades your quizzes but the grades are not used in your placement in a chemistry course. Students should complete the quizzes and exams to keep track of their progress. It is a good idea to aim for 70% on the first four unit exams.
4. If you have technical issues in attempting to log in or access the Canvas site, please contact email@example.com
Updated August 19, 2013.